is located at mile marker 81.5 on highway U.S. 1 in Islamorada, Florida and was dedicated November 14, 1937.
This monument was designed by the Florida Division of the Federal Art Project. The bronze plaque on the front of
the memorial reads “Dedicated to the memory of the civilians and war veterans whose lives were lost in the
hurricane of September second 1935.” This pewter replica stands 4-1/2 inches tall and is finished in antique pewter
with copper stain and blue highlights.